Saturday, June 20, 2015

Book Review: The Hiding Place


source


The Young Reader’s Edition of The Hiding Place written by Corrie Ten Boom with Elizabeth & John Sherrill is an excellent read for both children and adults.

Having read The Hiding Place for myself and watched many movies with my family, I wanted my 9 year-old daughter to read this book aloud to us.  I was not sure whether this book would be the same things we already knew just repackaged, but it was not.  It turned out to be such a heart-warming story with so many details weaved in that it added to our knowledge of the events.  The author shows Ten Boom’s struggles right alongside God’s mercies.  I particularly enjoyed reading about the prison of despair the soldiers faced and the hope presented in Jesus.

It was a blessing to have read this book.  The illustrations sprinkled throughout were beautifully done.  The only part that raised a question was found on page 50 where it mentions praying for the dead. 

Overall, a very good resource that I would recommend.


I received this book for free from Bethany House for this review.  This a Chosen book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14