Saturday, August 30, 2014

Book Review: Get to Know Apostle Paul

source
Nancy I. Sanders invites us to 'read about the life of Paul, from the time he first became a believer to the completion of his mission and learn why he is a Bible hero' in Get to Know Apostle Paul, a full-color biography for kids.  

This book is a little gem.  Oftentimes, books deal with the lives of biblical figures in such a way that make them seem like mere stories instead of real life historical figures.  This book is an exception.  It is filled with information, including maps, illustrations, and photos.  The resources provided for the child are wonderful.  They include a timeline, glossary, and source notes, which are full of Bible references.  Overall, this book is a great resource for a young Bible scholar. 

My daughter particularly liked the climatic last two chapters that discuss Paul's appeal to Caesar and his life while in Rome.  She found the Bible Hero, Eyewitness Account, Did You Know? and Word Bank sections throughout the book especially helpful.

While I would recommend this book to any 6-8 year-old desiring to learn more about Paul, I think the language may be a bit too simplistic for 9-10 year-olds.  Overall, a very good resource.  


Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers <http://booklookbloggers.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14