Wednesday, February 5, 2014

The Word

As we were doing our family Bible study, we came across this question:

Name a few weapons you believe to be in Satan's arsenal.

The only answer I could come up with was LIES.  I kept attempting to think of more but it boiled down to LIES.  

If there is doubt,  he's lying to us about who God is.
If there is shame, he's lying to us about what Jesus has done in us.
If there is discouragement, he's lying to us about what Jesus can do in/through us.

LIES.  LIES.  LIES.

This made me think of how important it is to read the Word, but also to study it, memorize it, meditate on it (day and night). 

I don't want to ever grow tired of reading His Word because He is Truth.  I don't want to ever feel like I've read it so many times, I know what it says. 

I want to approach His Word with hunger, thirst, and expectancy.  

I want Him to open my understanding and give me insight.
I want Him to renew my mind, change my heart, and transform me.

Since our warfare is not against flesh and blood, our weapons are not carnal either.  They are mighty through God and one of them is the Word.  So we have to dig more and deeper to remain standing, to avoid conformity, and show ourselves approved.  May God help us in Jesus' Name.

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be ale to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.  Ephesians 6:13 
Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.  Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--his good, pleasing and perfect will.  Romans 12:2 
Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.  2 Timothy 2:15