Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Clearing the Shelves

As a homeschooler, if there is one thing you will accumulate, it is books.  Since we are about four months away from our school year to be over, I have been considering next year's curriculum and where I am going to store it.

I look at my shelves and see them overflowing with good books.  Lining  the shelves are books my girls have enjoyed and curriculum they have learned from.  But the reality is:  I can't keep it all.  We have to let go of some of it to make room for the new.  

So as one of my weekly goals, I will go through our past curriculums and decide what stays and what goes.  Some books are great resources and will no doubt remain as part of our collection. Whereas, other books will be sold or donated not because they are not good books but more because our girls have outgrown them.

That's the beauty of homeschooling.  You change.  What worked last year for one child won't necessarily work with the next child.  And that's ok.  In fact, it's great.  Each child is different.  Some will be handed down but maybe used differently with the next child.

One thing is sure though--I can't keep it all.  It's time to clear the shelves.

Comments