Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Book Review: The Power of a Half Hour

source
Tommy Barnett's The Power of a Half Hour: Take Back Your Life Thirty Minutes at a Time shares the  'the key to maximizing your productivity is to make use of small, manageable moments in your day--just thirty minutes at a time.'

The book's description, or my interpretation of it, left me thinking this book was going to be more about time management than anything else.  However, this book is a list of thirty things you can do in thirty minutes to 'begin a whole new life of fruitfulness.'  

While that did not deter me from reading the book in itself, the repetition of this and that happening in thirty minutes became a bit too much.  How do I know that a conversation I had twenty years ago took thirty minutes?  While I know the book description states that 'through inspiring stories and biblical principles' I will discover how my downtime can have a major upside, I really do not recall the author even using Bible verses.  If he did they were too sparse to be remembered.  Some of the stories are truly  inspiring but the overall feel of the book was more of the author's life resume.  

If you are looking for suggestions for what to do in 30 minutes, you can certainly find some useful suggestions.  If you are looking for a book on time management with Scripture look elsewhere.  


I received this book for free from WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group for this review.

Comments