Wednesday, January 15, 2014

A New Year, A New Vision

It's a New Year!

This is a time when resolutions are made and broken all within the first month of the year.

And I don't want to be a casualty of it.

Naturally, I enjoy setting goals.  The feel of checking off those little boxes throughout the day and at the end of the week is great.

And when normally, I would jump on the chance of tackling some goals, I've decided to wait.

Wait.

Wait.

Wait to see how the Lord guides and directs.  More than just another accomplished goal, we are waiting and praying for a vision.  God's vision for our lives, our marriage, our children.

So we are waiting.

This doesn't mean that I am not twirling some things in my mind of things that I have to /want to get done because I do (example: catching up on our 2013 family album:)  It just means I am waiting.  And while I am waiting, I am enjoying.

Learning to delight in Him.

Savoring His mercies that are new every morning.

Listening as He brings me Word of His unfailing love.

Thanking Him for His many blessings that are too numerous to count.

Yes, it is a new year and there is a new vision.