Thursday, October 10, 2013

Book Review: Jesus on Every Page


Jesus on Every Page:10 Simple Ways to Seek and Find Christ in the Old Testament written by David Murray seeks to reveal “Christ’s presence throughout the Old Testament—in the Creation, the Law, the Psalms, the Prophets, and the Proverbs.”

Beginning on the road to Emmaus the author begins with giving a clear Biblical foundation on Jesus from His own testimony, Peter’s, Paul’s, and John’s.  The author piques the reader’s interest to find out more about Jesus, but now rather than looking solely at the New Testament witnesses, he turns the interest to the Old Testament. 

The author starts in Creation and works his way through the Old Testament.  The author’s goal is worthwhile and noble but the delivery was a little lacking.  It could definitely come from my expectation that the book was going to be more an expounding of the Scriptures themselves to see Jesus rather than various quotes from other author’s works on the subject and the Bible verses referenced all to often solely in the notes.  This is not to say that the author does not provide Biblical evidence which he does just not as the central focus.   Each chapter is broken up into subtopics making it hard to keep track of all the information presented in a cohesive manner. 

I applaud the author’s intent and believe this could be a valuable resource for a new believer. 

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com <http://BookSneeze®.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14