Friday, September 13, 2013

Jesus is...

Three thoughts I have been meditating on are:

Jesus is all I have
Jesus is all I need
Jesus is all I want

I am challenged by these statements and convicted.

Is He truly all I have?

Is He truly all I need?

Is He truly all I want?

Are these mere words or even desires of my heart but not reality? Ummm, there is a lot to think about.  Lately, these statements have been working in me when I am tempted to depend on my own strength, seek comfort elsewhere, and look outside of Him for anything.

I know it's not enough to desire Jesus to be all I have, all I need, all I want.  And I also know that this has to be His work in me.  

13for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose.
Philippians 2:13

I am trusting on His Word to accomplish this and NOT my best efforts.  I will not try!  I will trust!


81My soul faints with longing for your salvation, but I have put my hope in your word.
Psalm 119:18


114You are my refuge and my shield; I have put my hope in your word.
Psalm 119:114

No comments:

Post a Comment

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14