Monday, September 23, 2013

But I Prayed

They were all trying to frighten us, thinking, "Their hands will get too weak for the work, and it will not be completed." But I prayed, " Now strengthen my hands."
Nehemiah 6:9

How many times can this be said of me?

The enemy has come around and frightened me, weakening my hands?

How many times have I given in and left the work deserted, unfinished, incomplete?  I can look back at those times and see the rubble staring right back at me.   Mocking me.  Reminding me again of yet another failure.  

I made mistakes.
I failed.
I doubted. 
I feared.
I sinned.

But I prayed.   And prayed.  And  others prayed.  And they prayed. And prayed.  And we prayed together.  And we prayed and prayed.  And continue to pray.

And I beg Jesus to strengthen my hands so that I will complete the works He prepared in advance for me to do (Ephesians 2:10).  

And He does.  He strengthens my hands, my heart, my mind, my body.  He strengthens.  

And in prayer He has shown me that He not only strengthens, but He is my Strength.  

And so after failure, half-hearted attempts, good intended tries, I pray.

Yes, I have made mistakes, failed, doubted, feared, and sinned.  But today I pray, "Now at this very moment, in the midst of this rubble, contrary to the opposition, Jesus, strengthen my hands to lift them up to You.  May fear never grip my heart so that I become weakened and leave what You have assigned to me incomplete.  Rather, may Your perfect love cast out all fear and may Your love continually sustain me.  I pray in Jesus' Name.  Amen"

No comments:

Post a Comment

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14