Monday, August 26, 2013

Book Review: Timothy

source
Brad Riley's Timothy: A Little Fish with a Big Purpose!  is the familiar Biblical account of two stories interwoven into one to create a lesson on obedience.

This book contains a beautiful lesson that God can use big and small alike but the key to both big and small alike is obedience.  Peter had to trust Jesus' command that the fish (Timothy) would have a coin and Timothy had to obey his mother and grandmother.  Interweaving these two stories demonstrates God's greater purposes that we may not fully understand but get to enjoy so long as we walk in obedience to His commands.  

Because these are two separate Biblical accounts, I would strongly suggest reading the actual Biblical accounts afterwards.  This way it can further discussions on Peter, Timothy, obedience, trust, and faith.  In order to give an accurate account and not foster confusion as to why there is no father mentioned, reading the Biblical account is imperative.  

I can see this book being used as a tool within the home and even in a church setting for further study.  The illustrations are simply beautiful and will definitely engage the attention of small children.  The author's note to parents/grandparents is very encouraging and timely.  I would be very interested to read the author's upcoming titles when available.  

I received complimentary copy of this book from Cross Focused Reviews in exchange for an independent and unbiased review.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a great read for my little one. Is it an e-book or print copy that you have?

    ReplyDelete

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14