Friday, June 7, 2013

Travel Tips: Before You Go

This is probably the least exciting part as you are preparing for you vacation but believe me it will help you out immensely.

Check off the to do list
Make sure bills are paid even if they are not due just yet.  The last thing you want to think about on vacation or once you get home is that bill that hasn't gotten paid. So do yourself a favor and pay it before you leave. Return any library books and pick up any dry cleaning.  

Finish what you start
Since we homeschool it was important for me to know that they had taken their tests and were done with certain things before we left so when we got back we wouldn't have to relearn things. If we started a chapter, we finished it so that when we got back it would be a fresh start instead of catching up.  If you started reading a book finish it before you go or take it with you.  

Clean your house
This may be tiresome to do along with the planning and packing for your trip, but you will thank me later for this one. Once you come home from vacation, nothing says welcome home like a clean house (including no laundry besides what you bring back and if I am somewhere where I can do laundry before coming home I will:). Shred those papers, put away the laundry, and in general tidy up before boarding that plane.

Random things to do

  • have someone to pick up your mail for you
  • unplug all electronics
  • take out the trash
  • close your windows and blinds
  • empty out fridge of any food that might spoil

I hope you have enjoyed this week of travel tips and that they will be useful for you if you plan on traveling this summer.  If you have any you would like to share, please feel free to share them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14