Monday, June 24, 2013

Spiritual Discipline: First Things First

Beginning my day in the Lord's presence through prayer and reading His Word is essential for me.

In a "perfect" day, my morning routine will look something like this:


  • wake up before my girls
  • spend time in prayer
  • (older daughter usually wakes up here)
  • journaling from my day's Bible reading
  • Bible study
  • (younger daughter usually wakes up here)
  • wrap things up


Some days it doesn't work out like this but for the most part it looks something like the above.  For me, it is important to have a "set" routine (and I really don't like referring to my time with Jesus like this but there isn't another way I know how to explain it:).  This definitely works differently when my husband is off from work and on the weekends, but what's important is that we each know that our day must begin with prayer and in God's Word.  

Just having that set in stone for us has made such a difference in our spiritual lives.  

Instead of trying to squeeze in time to spend with God, you have to schedule your time with God and make everything else squeeze in.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14