Thursday, June 27, 2013

Spiritual Discipline: Check the Web

I will preface by stating very clearly:

The internet should NEVER replace your real life relationships!!!

Period.  

With that said, the internet could definitely be a tool you could use to include (not substitute) in your spiritual disciplines.  

There are so many blogs, sites, and resources to help you.  Use them.  

I have to admit that doing devotionals is not my thing.  I start and stop and usually don't finish.  That is of course unless I am doing it with someone.  Accountability works.  

Some sites that are specific for accountability in studying God's Word are:


An online Bible study that is starting that I thought looked interesting is actually starting Monday.  Check it out and pray to see if it's something the Lord is leading you to do.  

I have learned so much from online resources.  From book recommendations to memorization techniques, the internet has provided me with loads of information and help.  

We just have to remember to use it and not abuse it:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14