Friday, March 1, 2013

Remind Me

I woke up after skipping out on going to the gym early in the morning. I gather my supplies and begin to get ready for prayer.


Even now as I write I am thinking about my prayer request that morning and thinking of its important for my life especially right now. God has a way of stirring me to change. He knows how I can be very resistant to change and thus it usually becomes a process for me. It usually begins with Him giving me a thought and then slowly I can see His picture. 


Sometimes during this process, my vision becomes blurry which is hard in itself to explain since He is giving me clear directions. But I bend down and begin to pray. 


He leads and I follow. My heart prays, "help me to receive Your love, help me to demonstrate Your love."


Intrinsically, I know that God loves me. He is love. But I firmly believe that there are things in our lives that prevent us from receiving His love which is why the Bible tells us in Ephesians 3:


16I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.


I finish my prayers. I start on my day. No apparent bolts of love hitting me but I know that it is there. His love is always there.


Now we are sitting in the car, heading to church. I am in the second row because God's love touched a BIC's heart to come to church tonight. We are listening to music. I am in the back praying. Asking the God of the impossible to help each of us. We continue moving on the highways of NYC heading to church. 


As we approach the neighborhood of our church a song pierces through the air. Suddenly the bolts hit its target-my heart. I immediately know He's watching. I throw my hands in the air and raise my voice independent of those around me and begin praising my Father. Tears start streaming down my cheeks because I know that He's answering this morning's prayer. He listened and now I am receiving the response although it was always there--yes His love is always there.


I just needed His reminder.

2 comments:

  1. How beautiful are the ways of our lord that HE delights in demonstrating HIS powerful and amazing love.

    That song is powerful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is good and faithful.... How great is our God...

    ReplyDelete

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14