Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Past the Pain

After a hiatus of doing my full body workout, I wasn't excited about jumping back in.  So, I decided to ease my way back in so as to not end up with a swore body.  I stayed on the treadmill for a week but I knew it was time to move on.

I worked out the arms, stomach, and sides.  Then I got to the legs.  The first two sets were fine.  But then....burn.   That's what my muscles felt like---on fire!

And I thought about how easy it would be to quit.  After all, I had already done a lot.

Aren't we like that?  As soon as we start to feel the slightest pinch of pain, we want to quit.  It's easier.  We forget the goal and only focus on the present pain.  

We have to press past the pain.

We have to persevere despite:
  • difficulty (how hard something is)
  • duration (how long it takes)
  • discouragement (no matter how you/others feel)


but he who stand firm to the end will be saved.
Matthew 24:13

Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.
James 1:12


No comments:

Post a Comment

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14