Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Guilt or Grace?

My sister and I were texting back and forth.  We had spent the morning together shopping at Target and Bed Bath and Beyond.  Our excursion was over but not the conversation.  

In the midst of talking about the Target tees we missed,  I texted her:

Amen...the enemy knows if we hang on to guilt we can't hang on to grace...you choose!

Even as I typed it, I knew I too had to make the choice.  We all do.  

How many times have the sins I have committed left me feeling impotent to change and dejected?  Many.

How many times has His grace been sufficient?  Countless.

Not coincidently, yesterday I was reading from 2 Corinthians 7.  I wrote in my notes:

Godly sorrow brings repentance that leads to salvation (leaves no regret)
Godly sorrow produces
1. earnestness
2. eagerness to clear oneself
3. indignation
4. alarm
5. longing
6. concern
7.  readiness to see justice done

I don't want to wallow in guilt.   Worldly sorrow only brings death.  I would rather spend my time receiving His grace and asking for a repentant heart because it will lead me to salvation and I will have no regrets.  

Today, I have that choice and so do you.  

Which will you choose:  guilt or grace?

1 comment:

  1. We do have a choice and I choose His unfailing love and His redeeming grace.

    ReplyDelete

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14