Monday, February 25, 2013

Three Words

It's Monday again.  And while that may conjure thoughts of multiple to do lists and loads of work, I would encourage you to look at Mondays a bit differently.  

Monday is actually my favorite day of the week.  It resonates in my heart with ideas of new, fresh, beginnings and who can't get excited about that?

It's the day I sit down and write my weekly goals that coincide with my monthly goals that are a part of my yearly goals.  Can you tell I like me some goals?

But not too long ago, my husband and I were having a conversation about goal setting with our teen.  We encouraged her to select three words that represented what she wanted to accomplish for that day. They were productive, creative, and restful.  What she did that day had to fall into one of those three categories.  

So today I encourage you to choose three words for your daily goals.

I think I am going to go with:

1. Prayerful--I want to spend more time today interceding at different intervals throughout the day

2.  Intentional--I want to do things that serve a purpose; no idling 

3.  Thoughtful--I want to look for specific ways in which to help and encourage others

What will your three words be?

2 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord for this post. Too bad i read this late today... This practice is so helpful because it keeps you in line throughout the day on what your end all results should be... Thanks for the reminder.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy reading this sister. Praise God because He is the one who motivate us (help us )to be more intentional about praying and more thoughtful about serving.I also like the word Peaceful.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14