Monday, January 7, 2013

Read Alouds

I haven't done a homeschool post in such a long time.  So I thought I would hop on here and share something we've been doing that has been such a blessing--read alouds and audio books.  

We usually do this during lunch hours or once homeschool is "done".  It has been a great way to start discussions with the girls.  We stop in the middle of the reading/listening and discuss how and what Bible verses apply to what's going on in the story.  

These are some of the resources you can look into for audio books/drama:
Adventures in Odyssey
Focus on the Family Radio Theatre
Lamplighter

Titles we've enjoyed:
Number the Stars
Strawberry Girl
Amos Fortune, Free Man
The Sign of the Beaver

Definitely check out your library first and the www for free resources first.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. The girls and I have enjoyed reading Janette Okes books together. I def. want to find time to do it more often.

    ReplyDelete

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14