Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Facing the Facts

Can you face facts?

Can you face the fact that maybe right now you're fighting off discouragement, your marriage is under attack, or your children are rebelling?

Can you face facts?

Or when asked how you are doing does your preprogrammed response, "In Victory!" come out of your mouth as you reason that as a believer you are answering by faith?  

Can you face facts and answer, "The fact is that is was a struggle to make it to church today because right now my husband and I are facing some issues that need God's intervention and our children have been displaying rebellious behavior."  

But wait, it doesn't stop there.  Because you can face the facts and it doesn't make it truth.  You can face the facts and your faith doesn't have to weaken.  You can face facts and not waver through unbelief.

You can.  Abraham did.

18Against all hope, Abraham in hope believed and so became the father of many nations, just as it had been said to him, “So shall your offspring be.”d 19Without weakening in his faith, he faced the fact that his body was as good as dead—since he was about a hundred years old—and that Sarah’s womb was also dead. 20Yet he did not waver through unbelief regarding the promise of God, but was strengthened in his faith and gave glory to God, 21being fully persuaded that God had power to do what he had promised. Romans 4:18-21


Abraham faced the fact that his body was as good as dead and that Sara's womb was also dead.  But facing that fact didn't weaken his faith.

And facing facts doesn't have to weaken ours either.  

Let us stop the automatic responses and walk in truth.  

Facts aren't truth; Jesus is Truth.

So the next time you are asked, "How are you?" answer truthfully.

"The fact is ....... But I believe Jesus has the power to ..... will you pray with me so that I am not weakened in my faith, so that I don't waver through unbelief, so that I can be strengthened in my faith, give glory to God, and be fully persuaded that God has the power to do that which He promised?"

3 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord!!! facing the facts allows us not to fall under hypocrisy such as the Pharisees, however we can be fully persuaded that faithful is He who begun the work in us to complete it (TRUTH)!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes.. my beloved sister. I will help you pray. I get in agreement with you that your faith does not get weak but that your faith get even stronger knowing..convince and persuade that God has the power and the truth. Gods will in your life shall come to pass. We(You) might see facts but faith is the evidence of things not seen. Thank you Jesus!!
    Remember faith is not a one time decision...but an everyday decision.
    love
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14