Saturday, December 8, 2012

Unplowed Ground

12Sow for yourselves righteousness,
reap the fruit of unfailing love,
and break up your unplowed ground;
for it is time to seek the Lord,
until he comes
and showers righteousness on you.
Hosea 10:12

What we sow, we reap.  Here the Word commands us to sow for ourselves righteousness, and we will reap the fruit of unfailing love. Sometimes, we can be sowing and reaping in areas that we have seen growth and fruit.  For example, if we struggled with submission to our husbands but are now experiencing the fruit of peace and love in our marriages, that's great!  To God be the glory!

Let's not stop there though.  

Look at the next step--break up your unplowed ground.

You see, we can get comfortable and complacent.  We've experienced change and victory.  But there's more.  There is always more in the Lord.  


Let's look at any unplowed ground today.  Better yet, let's ask the Lord to reveal any unplowed ground.
  
23Search me, O God, and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts.
24See if there is any offensive way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting.
Psalm 139:23-24


Why should we do this?  For it is time to seek the Lord, until he comes and showers righteousness on us.  

Now is the time to do this.  Not tomorrow, today.

7So, as the Holy Spirit says:
“Today, if you hear his voice,
8do not harden your hearts
as you did in the rebellion,
during the time of testing in the desert,
Hebrews 3:7-9

This is the time to be deliberate in our seeking the Lord as well as persistent.

13You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.
Jeremiah 29:13

We must seek until we see that He has indeed come and showers righteousness on us.  That unplowed ground is broken and no longer infertile.  It is producing fruit.

8Produce fruit in keeping with repentance.
Matthew 3:8


Father, today I thank You for all that You have done in our lives.  You have showered us with righteousness and we have seen Your unfailing love manifested in our lives.  Today, we come and ask for more, recognizing that there is unplowed ground in our hearts that must be broken.  We ask that You search us and test us and see if there is any offensive way in us.  Lead us in the way everlasting.  Do not allow our hearts to harden.  Help us to seek you wholeheartedly with faith knowing we will find you.  Help us to be persistent in seeking you.  Help us to do so until You come and shower us with righteousness.  We thank You in advance for breaking up the unplowed ground in our hearts and producing in us fruit in keeping with repentance.  In Jesus' Name.  

2 comments:

  1. Amen...It's God promise that when I decide to seek Him I will find Him. But sometimes I need help with the unplowed ground in my heart.. Help me Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Persistance is key! We have to continually seek out the Lord and ask His intervention in all areas of our lives. Recognizing that only In Jesus and with His help I am able to overcome...not in my own strength and reasoning.

    Thanks for the reminder that we must watch and pray...seek out those little foxes and plow the unplowed ground in Jesus' name!!!!

    ReplyDelete

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14