Friday, November 2, 2012

Five Minute Friday--Roots

Go.

I want deep, strong roots.

I want to be firmly planted in Jesus.

I want roots that run so deep that no scheme from the pit of hell can loosen me.  And I want that for my family in Christ too.

And we can have it.  We do have it.  As long as we are planted in Jesus.

If He's our Solid Ground, our Nourishment, our Sustenance.

I want Him to root me in Him.  To strengthen me.  To grow me.  

Roots are not shown.  They are not visible.  But their strength surely is.  The fact that the tree remains standing, year after year, tempest after tempest bears witness to the strength of its roots.

I want to be a witness of the strength of Jesus--Who can keep me standing when everything else says I should be torn down.  

I want to be that tree planted by streams of living water.  

Stop.

Five Minute Friday

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!
    So happy I moved in next door today and met you.
    There is little doubt that your roots are dug in deep and He sustains. Always.
    Blessings,
    Felecia

    ReplyDelete
  2. And you are, Felecia! Every word spoken is rooted in this love for Him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Yes! In HIm we can weather any storm and brave through the trials that will one day surely come.
    It is only in JESUS that we have been strengthened and come out victorious in the trials already faced!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is the only one we need to plant our roots in. In this life we are to be sojouners and not dwellings which is why we need to plant our roots shallow in this world. Rooted in Him we never will be torn up by the stress of life. Good post. Blessings

    ReplyDelete

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14