Friday, October 26, 2012

Five Minute Friday--Voice

Go.

Everyone wants their voice to be heard.   That's where a lot of hurt and pain come from--the sense that your voice doesn't count--having someone you love ignore, reject, or quench your voice.

But within in us, there is a still, small voice that wants to be heard.  It's the voice of the Holy Spirit.  Do we quench it?  

Are we so much more interested in having our voices heard that we ignore His?

John the Baptist was the voice crying out in the wilderness.  Now he had a message!  He used his voice to voice the words of Him who sent him.  His voice was not for his own benefit but for the benefit of his hearers.  Is ours the same?

Are our voices more about getting our agendas fulfilled or are they a reflection of the voice Who will always guide us (and our listeners) to the Truth of the Father?

Stop.

Five Minute Friday

4 comments:

  1. I've been focusing a lot on being satisfied with His Living Water as I conquer over-eating and maintaining a healthy lifestyle. I have been listening more for His voice than I ever have. I enjoyed your five minutes. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Are our voices more about getting our agendas fulfilled or are they a reflection of the voice Who will always guide us (and our listeners) to the Truth of the Father?"

    OH snap! That's a good question!! Thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen,

    Just passing through from the FMF linkup. I like the Holy Spirit angle in your post. Our voice will have more validity and people will be open to hearing us after we've listened and allowed the Holy Spirit to impact our lives.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14