Monday, September 10, 2012

The NAME


Jesus prayed:

I will remain in the world no longer, but they are still in the world , and I am coming to you.  Holy Father, protect them by the power of your name--the name you gave me--so that they may be one as we are one.  John 17:11 NIV

I love the security that the name of Jesus has.

No onslaught from the devil or the world can harm us.  We are protected by the name of Jesus!

Jesus goes on to pray in the following verse:

While I was with them, I protected them and kept them safe by that name you gave me.  John 17:12a NIV

And indeed, He has promised never to leave us nor forsake us.  He is with us always.  So His protection is with us and we are kept safe by His Name-Jesus.

I wrote this in the margin of the Bible study we are doing as a family:

There may not be accurate/precise words to say in a moment of crisis or bewilderment, BUT there is a Name--JESUS!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, the name of Jesus.
    Every knee shall bow at HIS Great Name.

    ReplyDelete

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14