Friday, September 7, 2012

Five-Minute Friday--Graceful

GO.

Graceful.

Not exactly what I would consider myself.  You know the soft movements, the gentle responses.

I am more like arms flying in the air as I passionately speak on a topic.

But I am learning that there's more to graceful than movements and tones.

There's the grace shown to others and myself when we are behaving anything but graceful.  There's a not paying evil for evil that can be extended to others as well as to yourself.  You don't have to beat yourself up because you messed up.  Be graceful.

Being graceful is about being a gift-giver.  No one (including yourself) doesn't have to earn it.  But they do have to receive it in order to enjoy it.  I like giving gifts and receiving them too!

So I will remember to be graceful.

STOP.

Five Minute Friday

2 comments:

  1. Hi Karen,I can relate to the "arms flying in the air as I passionately speak on a topic." God does gift some of us like that.

    Keep being graceful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Receiving grace...so very important. For me it has been so much easier to give grace than to actually receive it. When I "fail" in an area I dissect the situation and go over and over in my head the could've would've should've questions.

    Grace....I will purposely stop and enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14