Friday, September 21, 2012

Five Minute Friday--Wide

Go.

Wide.  The first imagery is wide hips although I have no clue why.  As a woman, I think we are usually  associating measurements or words that measure with ourselves and seeing how we measure up.

And I do think about how I measure up.  Are my convictions strong?  Am I standing firm?  Where do I really stand?

For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.  

How do I measure up?  In my quest to enter through the narrow gate, have a decided to broaden my horizons a bit too much?  Have I become lax in my commitment to Christ?  In desiring to please many, have I displeased the only One whose standard I should seek?

I definitely don't want to enter through the wide gate and walk on the broad road.  Keep me walking on the narrow path even with my wide hips.

Stop.

Five Minute Friday

7 comments:

  1. Such a great post! I too want to stay on the narrow road! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Barbie for the encouragement:)

      Delete
  2. I agree - this post was very edifying :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. To God be All the glory! Thank you for stopping by Denise:)

      Delete
  4. Wide...I thought of stretching to far. Going beyond what should be my limit in the natural and not going far enough to reach out to the Lord. Help me Jesus!

    Great thoughts you had on wide:)

    ReplyDelete

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14