Friday, September 28, 2012

Five Minute Friday--Grasp

Go.

Can I really grasp the height, depth, width, breadth of God's love for me?

With this finite mind of mine, can I really grasp it?

Just when I seem to grab a hold of it, it seems I have lost my grasp and I am back to wanting, yearning, trying to earn something that is already mine--His wonderful love.

Can I grasp that despite my MANY faults and sins, Jesus still holds me and His grasp on me is tighter than ever?  And not because of my performance but because of Who He is.

Today, I will delight in knowing that His grasp is my security, my strength, my portion.  

Stop.

Five Minute Friday

11 comments:

  1. Just popping in from FMF! My post echoes yours! : ) Amen. He's got us in His grasp. We won't let go. Blessings to you today. Your blog is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by Amy:) May you rejoice and delight in His grasp always!

      Delete
  2. Great reminder, that we are always in His grasp. Thanks for writing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jen,
      I can't be reminded enough of His great and wonderful, everlasting, steadfast, unfailing LOVE:)! Have a blessed weekend in HIM.

      Delete
  3. Stopping by from FMF. Reading today's thoughts and grasp, as well as reading yours, makes me wonder what may happen if I start really trying to grasp His love in some of my quiet time with Him. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was just meditating on this...His perfect love casts out all fear and we would walk about fearlessly free in Him!

      Delete
  4. Knowing that His protective grasp envelopes us in is His love..eternal love we have in Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen! Nothing can snatch us from His grasp nor separate us from His love!

      Delete
  5. Praise the Lord!!! this is very edifying... God's grasp to me is explained in: He will never leave us nor forsake us!!! It can't get any better than that!!!When God says never He means Never!!! I pray that at all times His children may always rest in His grasp and not in anything else....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right...it can't get better than that!

      Delete

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14