Monday, September 17, 2012

Factored In


She asks where I am in my Bible reading?

I answer.

She breathes a sigh of relief and says, "Now I don't feel so bad."

So, I replied to her, "You see how many days you are behind, but I see how many grace days I have."


My daughter and I are reading the Bible in 180 days.  I have fallen behind in my reading and so has she.  Just not as far as I have.

So she's relieved she's not where I am.

When I made up the Bible reading plan for us, I factored in grace days, because we all need them. Things arise in our days which our out of our control (not His) and so we don't get to start on the laundry, finish homeschool, whip up a four course meal, and in my case finish my reading assignment.

But I have a choice.  I can pout and become discouraged about what didn't get done OR I can see the grace Jesus has already factored in my day-my life!

Which will you chose?

And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work.
2 Corinthians 9:8 NIV

2 comments:

  1. Where would we be if our God wasn't graceful? His grace abounds in our life to demonstrate His perfection and His love in the lives of imperfect beings. When we recognize our imperfections it really makes His undeserved Gift to us so valuable. Thank God the Father and our Lord Jesus Christ for GRACE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weren't we just talking about this? Only HIS grace, if I choose to receive it, carries me through times when I have lost my focus and get distracted.

    ReplyDelete

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14