Wednesday, September 12, 2012

A Letter to Me

Dear Me at 15,


If I could instill anything in you, it would be--YOU ARE LOVED!

And not some little boy likes me love, but REALLY LOVED!

Loved dearly, jealousy, passionately, everlastingly, steadfastly by JESUS!

This year will probably be the hardest year of your life.  You will have to face so many things you could have never imagined.

Up to now you have already developed a mask--you are the baby in the family with stellar grades.  You are liked in school and are sociable although you would only really consider two or three people "friends."  

Your relationships depend on which mask you are wearing.  You have specific friends for almost every activity.  And although you never get caught up in the "bad" crowd, you go close enough to the fire so as to not get burned.  Life as you know it is changing and too fast for you to even adjust.  In the midst of the chaos, you will keep your calm through control.

This will begin such a hard road for you in years to come.   

You test limits, cross boundaries, and set unrealistic goals you will actually achieve just to prove that YOU are in the driver's seat--not circumstances and certainly NO ONE ELSE.

It's hard to imagine someone loving you in the midst of all this pain and emptiness, isn't it?

But believe me, HE does.

I tell you without a doubt in my heart, that every thing you are going through now, HE will work it out for your good.  Despite the pain of rejection and abandonment, the fear of failure, and insecurities, HE will use it to show you HIS LOVE-one that never fails, never leaves nor forsakes, in whom you will ALWAYS have the victory, and in Whose eyes you are beautifully and wonderfully made!

HE'S going to grab a hold of you just when you have achieved all of your heart's desires.  In man's eyes, you made it.  But the emptiness inside you is swallowing you alive.  

HIS love will captivate you.  And although you struggle to receive it because it is so foreign to you, please do RECEIVE it.  And ENJOY it.

I warn you from now--you won't be in control.  And in reality, you don't want to be.  JESUS will be control.  Loosing control of your life in order to live a surrendered one to Jesus will be the best!

Because HIS thoughts for you are so much higher than your own and HIS plans for you are for a hope and a future because you are REALLY LOVED!

To find out what all of this is about click here.

4 comments:

  1. This was really good! Praise the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too sweet:) I also praise the Lord that He brought you to my life at the perfect timing--His...love you

      Delete
  2. I agree with Randy!

    There are many things we would want to say...avoid but the Lord had a purpose with it all.
    Like you mentioned HE worked it ALL out for your good and for HIS glory!

    Can I join in?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The furthest thing from our minds was the God Almighty would work it out for our good right?How can't you love someone who found you in all that mess and still chose you?! Makes me want to shout!!!!! I am linking up on Friday and home to read some great testimonies of God's Sovereignty...welcome to join. I am actually reading the book so look forward to my review:)

      Delete

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14