Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Restored to Service

There are some days that just feel off or maybe that's just me?

I kind of feel like something is there lurking trying to gain a foothold in my life but I can't pinpoint it.  If left undetected, it can gain a foothold in my life if I failed to cover it in prayer.  I don't like that feeling.  It's like I can literally feel the enemy like a prowling lion seeing if he can devour me.  

Imagine having been devoured.  Giving up and giving in to the temptation and living like that for years?

Well, it happened to the Israelites.  Throughout Israel's history, there were obedient and disobedient kings (more disobedient ones though).  They wondered from the One true God to serving idols.  

But (gotta love the but there:), then comes Hezekiah, and although with some issues of his own, he brings about reformation.  I love it that in 2 Chronicles 29:35b it states, 

So the Temple of the LORD was restored to service. (NLT)

That's right, despite years and years of disobedience, sin, and unfaithfulness you can be restored to service.  That's the God we serve.  One of second chances.  One who forgives and restores.  

You didn't get in that pit overnight and you may not get completely out of overnight either. But (have to love that but there) you will come out of it and maybe even quicker than you think.

2 Chronicles 29:36 continues with:

And Hezekiah and all the people rejoiced greatly because of what God had done for the people, for everything had been accomplished so quickly.  (NLT)

Don't think about the time wasted or the rebuilding time.  All God wants is for us to turn from the sin (repent) and turn our hearts to Him.  Hezekiah was rebuilding a temple made of human hands.  

Will you allow God to rebuild you-the temple of the Holy Spirit?

No comments:

Post a Comment

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14