Monday, July 5, 2010

Ch 26: To Be Fruitful

How does fruitfulness look in your life? If you don't believe your life is fruitful, what do you think is causing it?

The thing with fruitfulness, is that it isn't always so visible, at least not immediately. That being so, the enemy uses this against us.

I never (at least I don't think I ever did) envision to live the life I am living now. In the world, I classified fruitfulness by the things I accomplished. In Christ, I pray that He would deliver me from returning to this mentality. And even so, the enemy tempts me to think I could do more, I should do more, I must do more. Otherwise, I may become "barren karen" or so the devil would want me to think.

But God has been dealing with me to see fruitfulness in a different way.

Fruitfulness in my life is not so much about what I do in as much as it's about who I am becoming. For I no longer live but Christ lives in me. (Galatians 2:20)

Maybe fruitfulness in my life is not really what I do but what I don't do anymore. Not my will Father but Yours. (Luke 22:42)

Fruitfulness is not about doing but how it gets done. Do everything without complaining and arguing. (Philippians 2:14)

Fruitfulness is not about what I am doing but who am I doing it for. Do everything to the glory of God. (1 Corinthians 10:31)

Yes, I think I would have to agree that indeed fruitfulness in my life is not what you see but who you see in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14