Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Monthly Round Up: May

Really where has the time gone?

This time last year, I was still probably thinking, "Homeschooling?  What?"  and a year later I am like, "Homeschooling?  Yeah!  Of Course!"  The difference a year makes.

This month has been so laid back.  The girls are looking back and thinking ahead.  We have spoken about what worked for us and what didn't.  We're also thinking of new things we can include and incorporate into our day.

I have gotten a lot of the scheduling done but still have to work on it.  I think we have all of our curriculum bought for this year.  I still have some supplemental materials I might buy.

One of the biggest things we accomplished this month is getting the girls room ready for the upcoming year.  It's done.  I think that for me, I will add here and there but basically it's done!  They are really enjoying it.  

Organization, organization, organization.
This is a goal for us this upcoming year.

Last night, as I thought about homeschooling, I thought about how important it is to be flexible-in everything.  Flexible in timing, scheduling, materials, location-EVERYTHING!

There are some verses I am really meditating on for this year and pray that the Lord may write them on my heart.  I have seen His glory this year and what to make sure I am just an instrument in His hands and that it's not my hands doing the job.  

What's your goal for this upcoming homeschooling year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14