Monday, June 21, 2010

Ch 24: To Be A Bride

In my walk with the Lord, have I been getting ready for the wedding or for the Groom?

In my walk with the Lord, I can get stuck on the external, the doing. Not so much as when I first started walking in the Lord, but nevertheless, I know that the "doing" mentality is still lurking somewhere in my head.

I know with all my heart that it is NOT by works so no one can boast; it is by grace. And yet, grace can be something so hard to receive. Grace is God giving me something I don't deserve; it's a gift.

But to a doer like me receiving is not as easy as earning.

For example, I can have a blessed day in the presence of the Lord but the house is not cleaned up and the food is not yet made. When Hubby comes home and asks how was my day, I will answer, "Ummmm, ok, but the house didn't get cleaned and the food is not done." He'll then ask, "Did you spend time with the Lord?" I'll answer, "Oh yes, the girls and I prayed, praised, read the Word."

In this case, not doing something viewable can bother me although I have chosen the better part.

These days, I'm working more on the not so viewable. I have stopped having a packed life of to do's and am receiving His grace. I know I still have to have my mind renewed in this area and pray that I don't revert to doing. To have the mind of Christ is not something I just want to say, but something I want to have.

I don't want to get caught up on trying to be a "good" wife, mother, sister-in Christ, daughter, etc. that I loose focus of HIM. Being these things and more are all by-products of my relationship with my FATHER, my SAVIOR, my COMFORTER!


No comments:

Post a Comment

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14