Monday, June 7, 2010

Ch 22: Hearts Broken by Loss

What has to die in you, so that you may see Christ resurrected in you?

Extremes.

All or nothing.

I have to give it up for Christ to resurrect in me.

For Him to truly be the Lord of my life.

There are times that I have the mentality of all or nothing.  I close myself and can't consider a third option, a middle ground.  It's either yes or no.  Yes, but not the way you think or no, not now later.  Such things were not options in my way of thinking.  It's either yes or no. 

Don't get me wrong, I believe in absolute truth.  What I am talking about is the day to day dealings and going ons. Of being able to ask God concerning something and getting an answer yes or no AND then asking the how...waiting for the how.  Sometimes I can hear the yes or no and run with that.  

The Lord has really been ministering me in this area because it can affect so many areas of my life and bring contamination and oppression and even sin.  So I definitely have to be vigilant.  

God is so good that He always shows us the hope in every situation.

I have to admit that I was feeling frustrated with myself regarding this.  Then we went to the women's retreat on Saturday and God spoke to me concerning this.  The key was that in the LORD, it's a good quality to have conviction.  But only in the LORD.  In the Lord's hands, He can use it.

In my hands, it can become stubbornness, close-mindedness, and disobedience.  Nothing good.

But I am determined in the Lord to kill the extreme in me outside of the Lord and I trust that I will see Christ resurrected in me!

It is good to grasp the one
and not let go of the other.
The man who fears God will avoid all extremes.
Ecclesiastes 7:18

No comments:

Post a Comment

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14