Thursday, June 10, 2010

BF Homework: Chapter 23

We're entering into part 4 on this journey of breaking free and what a journey it is.

At times, joyful to see what God is doing and at others crying because of it.

I find myself thinking, "This?  Again?"  I find myself crying and wondering why hadn't I dealt with this already.  I find myself laughing and saying to God, "Yeah, I knew You were going there."  Every week, He deals with me with the next chapter's topic and this one is no different.

This one was and is hard for me at least.  Real hard.  

Tamar went from being a virgin daughter of the king to a desolate woman.  Her story is so sad and yet so relatable to so many of us.   

This week we'll be answering the question on page 282:

How did you first come to realize that you are a virgin daughter of the King?

I find this question so packed, so full, lots to think about, lots to meditate on, lots to pray about.  Maybe you don't see yourself as a virgin daughter of the King?  Maybe you've torn your royal robe and put ashes on your head?  Maybe you're desolate?  Even if that is the case, there is hope because Jesus is King!  Only He can give us new robes and cleanse us from the residue of those ashes and make us those virgin daughters.  Won't you let Him?

No comments:

Post a Comment

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14