Thursday, June 3, 2010

BF Homework: Chapter 22

Death.

Loss.

Not words that we usually associate with joyous grins and happy times.  And yet, while reading this chapter, I can see a Loving Father weaving His plan through loss and yes, even death.

This is a particular point in my life right now.  The impending loss of my maternal grandmother (who is over 95) is close to my heart.  Her death will be my first loss in life at such a close level.  How will I deal with it, only God knows.  Undoubtedly in victory for His glory but exactly how, I have no clue.

Even, as I write with tears in my eyes, I know He will be there and my hope is in Him.  He will strengthen us.  I am convinced that I will see His supernatural love and care in each of our lives and His glory...oh yes, His glory when my grandmother finally goes to sleep to awaken eternally face to face with God!!!!

This week's assignment has really had me thinking and more than that, I pray it ministers and brings life from death in me.

What has to die in you, so that you may see Christ resurrected in you?

This is going to take prayer.  I know that we can have generic answers like, "Everything in me has to die so that Christ may live in me." But let's keep it real.  There is a specific thing, emotion, thought, or even relationship that God is asking for its death in your life so that He may live in you.  Yes, maybe even an idol has to come down again because in a season of neglect, it popped right back up in your life.  Whatever, it is, its death is crucial for life and abundant life awaits!

No comments:

Post a Comment

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14