Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Switch Lanes

Rich boys have many toys

I remember when I first started driving, the fear and anxiety sitting behind that steering wheel.

I couldn't or wouldn't change lanes. The fear gripped me and kept me behind the traffic of the right lane to exit (and I wasn't exiting). I would much rather sit there frustrated, on the verge of tears (maybe I actually did cry) passionately explaining to my husband who sat in the passenger's seat, why I just couldn't but wanted to oh so badly to switch lanes. Over at the next lane, there was no traffic, just a lot of fast cars getting to their destinations. But me? I was stuck behind cars who were on their way to their destinations while I just sat there waiting and waiting. Stuck.

Aren't we like that at times. Stuck spiritually. Unable to switch lanes because we're gripped by fear. We see others racing on their way towards their destines. Others slowly embarking on theirs. But we're stuck just looking at them unable to move. We are not moving forward, can't turn to the side, and definitely don't want to go back. We're stuck.

Fear does not let us live out those good works that God prepared for us. Fear tells us,
"You can't"
"You'll fail"

But God's Word tells us
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
I am more than a conqueror in Christ Jesus.


We can't walk in faith and fear just like I couldn't very well sit there and switch lanes at the same time. A decision has to be made. Will I stay stuck or switch lanes? Will I stay stuck in fear or walk by faith?

So go ahead, turn that signal on. Let the world, the devil, and your flesh know you are switching lanes in the name of Jesus!
No more being stuck, now you're racing on towards doing the good works God prepared in advance for you to do (Ephesians 2:10)!

No comments:

Post a Comment

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14