Saturday, May 1, 2010

Monthly Round Up: April

Cleaning Up...that's the theme.

Early this month, I started really thinking about how our "school" area would look like for next year. One of the things that I like most about homeschooling is the flexibility. You may not even have a designated homeschool area. Learning truly does place anywhere. With that said, I want a landing place for our things.

We started off with a school at home approach and have moved to a relaxed school approach. Only the Lord knows where He'll take us next year. I do sense Him urging for a little bit more structure in the organization of the materials. Right now we each house our books in red bins. Maybe the will be moved to the bookshelf instead...HA!


My BIL brought us these desks and they have been a blessing. Although, I have not finished designing our homeschool room (area), we have been using the desks to see how realistic it will be for next year. Thus far, all of us are really enjoying them.

I have also gotten and looked through my tot's curriculum which I LOVE!!! I mean really there is nothing right now that I look at and think, "Ummm don't like that." It is really good and she is so excited to get started on it.


We finished the subtraction package we were working on and I have outlined the last two remaining series we'll be doing of Discipleland. I am so thankful to the Lord that He allowed us to do it. Come September, all three of us will be starting studying from Genesis through Deuteronomy together.

I placed an order for David Barton's American Heritage Series DVDs and am really excited to use those. I also think we'll be getting Drive Thru History America: Foundations of Character.
I really really enjoy history but especially American history, so I will have to use self-control on this one:)

We're just waiting on the Lord and really excited to see what He's doing and will do this upcoming year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14