Saturday, May 15, 2010

Listening and Walking

That's what I'll continue to do--listen and walk.

Listen to the Lord.

Walk in the Lord.

This week has been a challenge to cook. Not for any other reason other than my body was tired. I was going through a week of going to bed late and waking up early. On Wednesday, I laid down to recharge and ended up going to sleep for the night at about 9:30pm. I can't remember the last time that happened.

But God is really just so good. Instead of dipping into my stash of prepared meals, He gave me the strength and creativity to cook every night except Tuesday when we visited my in-laws. I was surprised. Not that the Lord came through though.

I was surprised because I was (and part of me still is) asking the Lord for a more disciplined life. Not in a rigid schedule type but in a "normal" sleeping time (though I am not sure what that is in the Lord). A more disciplined "routine" for me really.

So Friday comes around and I have no desire to cook. At around a little after 5 o'clock my Pastor calls me and invites us to go to a church where he will be preaching. I'm thinking "uh oh gotta cook real fast." Hubby thinks he's coming home to work on his paper and try to get some rest.

Once I realize that our plans have changed, I start to think, "there goes my discipline." God answers, "Forget discipline and stay flexible."

Wow!

When Hubby got home, I told him the Pastor's message and he knew we were going. So flexible. He didn't complain about being tired or the work he had to do. He just wanted a kiss from me and a hug. So flexible. He listened to my day and waited for a real hug. So flexible.

And that's so important in the Lord--to stay flexible. We may have plans or an idea of what we want to do but have we checked with God? Are those His plans for us? Is that His will?

I have truly been blessed at seeing the Lord make us but especially me, flexible. When you are stuck on your plans, you won't hear God's voice instructing you on His plans.

So I'll listen to Him.

And walk in Him.

The service was beautiful. You could feel the presence of the Lord. The Word ministered our hearts. The fellowship was great. And the tamales and coffee were delicious. Look at all I would have missed had I not been flexible.

So I pray that I may take heed to the Word preached.

I'll listen to Jesus.



And continue to walk in Jesus. I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go;
I will counsel you and watch over you.
Psalm 32:8

No comments:

Post a Comment

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14