Tuesday, May 11, 2010

It May Not Be New...

Old Bible

BUT it's new to me.

That was the thought I had regarding purchasing some of our homeschooling books used.

It may not be new, but it's new to me.

That got me thinking to the Word. We've read it and re-read it. Some of it, we've got it, like really got it, like there's only salvation through Jesus. Other things, not so much like anyone who hates his brother is a murderer.

The Word of God remains the same whether we have the full revelation of it or not. Whether we practice what's in it or not, the Word of God remains the same. So the next time you pick up your Bible thank God that it is not new, but it's new to you. Today, you can receive a fresh revelation. Today, you can find new strength from the Living Word of God. Today, it can be new to you. Today, you can be new.


Open my eyes that I may see the wonderful things in your law.
Psalm 119:18 (NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14