Monday, May 3, 2010

Chapter 17: The Ancient of Days

#1 How does knowing God is the the Ancient of Days encourage you? Provide 3 Scriptures that provide this reassurance?

1. Romans 8:28
28And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.

Knowing that God knows it all-my past, present, and future- and He's working it all out for my good is AMAZING! There are a lot of things that I can have regrets about concerning my past, and yet when I think that even those ugly things, He has worked out for my good, I see His love. I can see that hope and future He has planned for me.

2. Psalm 139:16

16your eyes saw my unformed body.

All the days ordained for me

were written in your book

before one of them came to be.


All my days have been ordained in His book before any one of them came to be. Nothing is going to happen to me that He doesn't know about and has not been written in His book concerning me. And because His will is perfect, all those things written concerning me are good.


3. Jeremiah 1:5

5“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,

before you were born I set you apart;

I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.”

He knew me and STILL chose me!!!! I see His love and mercy and great patience and long-suffering in knowing me (all of me) and still setting me apart. He wasn't embarrassed or disgusted by me, He chose me to be His daughter. Yes, I have a long way to go. Yes, I have lots of work to be done in me. But He still set me apart as His.

#2 If there is 1 thing (besides the salvation found in Jesus) that you could instill in your future generations what would it be?

That God loves them.

Looking back at my ancient ruins, a lot (if not all) of my poor choices, pain, and hurt were caused by the fact that I did not know that God loved me.

When you know that God loves you (I mean really loves you), nothing else matters, nothing takes precedence over that love. You don't have to be a people pleaser-you don't have to violate your conscience for the sake of fitting it. Not knowing that God, the Creator of heaven and earth, loves you leads you to seek it in other places that will only leave you with disillusionment. You'll end up feeling dirty and even more empty.

But God's love is not like that. It is pure and holy. It cleanses us and satisfies.

That's what I would want to instill in my future generations--God's love is sufficient. No other person or thing will EVER satisfy us permanently--ONLY HIM. Be filled with His love.

16I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
Ephesians 3:16-19

No comments:

Post a Comment

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14