Monday, May 24, 2010

Ch.20: Hearts Mended by Truth

As I prayed with Hubby regarding our parenting, I felt strongly from the Lord that we (as a couple) must renew our minds.


First, I think that women and men get attacked heavily in this area. The devil tells us that we're bad parents, we're doing a horrible job, and any of our children's mistakes are a reflection of our parenting.

During prayer, the Lord reminded me that He is our Father. And my misbehavior is not at all a reflection of Him. Instead of thinking that we are going to solve issues in 30 minute segments as they do on tv, parenting is work. And lots of it.

We can be tempted to take the lazy approach and let them run wild only to yell them into obedience (fear) later. This method is easier but not Godly.

I want to renew my mind and know:
1. I am the mother God wants me to be

2. I am a work in progress--I am growing as a mother

3. My instructions can not come from worldly sources such as the latest psychology methods of parenting. My instructions must come from the Word.

4. Parenting is work. I must be diligent and consistent.

I pray that the Lord continues to help each of us to be who He has called us to be. I am sure that as parents, we've all made mistakes. But the beauty in the Lord is that we can repent and begin anew. We don't have to continue doing the same wrong things expecting different results because that's insanity.

God forgives.

God restores.

God makes new.

I pray that each of us will experience new relationships with our children, our husbands, our God!

No comments:

Post a Comment

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14