Thursday, May 6, 2010

BF Homework: Chapter 18

Last week, we were basking in the knowledge that our God is the Ancient of Days. Before everything and anything happens (ed), He already knew. He is in control!

We looked at some wonderful Scriptures that reveal His loving care for us when we were not His children, and how those same Scriptures provide us with encouragement and security now that we are.

I pray that as we continue going through this Breaking Free journey, we hold on to the Word of God. As the Lord was ministering me on this week's chapter, I found myself finding comfort in one of my Scripture Memorization verses. And that's exactly why we're so blessed to have His Word. It's supposed to be our strength and shield, our comfort and joy! What a delight to just meditate on His Word and hold on to it because He is our Rock, our Fortress, over Help!!!!!

So moving into this week, let's do just that--hold on to Him (through His Word and Holy Spirit).

He's going to be digging deeper than maybe we would like right now, but let's trust the Ancient of Days. This too was written in His book concerning us--our freedom!

Currently, how are you preventing Christ from binding and healing your hurting/broken heart?

This one is really going to take some time in the presence of the Lord. Why? Because, I believe that naturally our first thoughts are, "I'm not preventing Him from healing me. I want to be healed." And while that may indeed be true, I also know that our hearts are deceiving and unless we come to Him and ask, "How am I hindering You, Your work in my life?" we will continue to live mediocre Christian lives. Always trying our best but never really doing our best.

So let's pray and ask the Ancient of Days to reveal how we are preventing the healing hands of Jesus Christ upon our hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14