Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Don't Let Go

We're crossing the street ready to go to a family's house for dinner.

My tot is holding my hand.

I step off the sidewalk and notice that the step is high. She comes down and I didn't notice that she came down hard.

But she was holding my hand.

By her doing so, I was able to jerk her up before she really hit the concrete and an injury to her knee was prevented-because she was holding my hand.

I examine her to make sure she is fine and she is. She looks up at me not knowing whether to cry. Her hand is still in mine. I look at her and smile. Her hand is still in mine.

As we crossed, I told her gently, "Don't ever let go of my hand."

She responds, "Mami, I don't believe I did let go of your hand."

I answer, "I know you didn't baby which is why you didn't get hurt. Don't ever let go of my hand."

Today, the Father tells you, "Don't ever let go of My hand."

No comments:

Post a Comment

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14