Monday, April 26, 2010

Chapter 16: Surveying the Ancient Ruins

I think it's safe to state that of course unless it is the Lord building the house we labor in vain (Psalm 127:1). So going into our homework from that point of view, it has to be the Lord showing us what is our role in the rebuilding.

Read Proverbs 31:10-31. I suggest in reading it in as many different versions as you can. And choose one skill/area/verse you want to focus on to rebuild the ancient ruins.

I read it in the KJV, NIV, NLT, RVA skimmed through the Message but when I got to the Amplified version, I was like, "WHAT????" I was/am really excited about that version. And although, I think there are A LOT of things I can work on, I will choose one. But not until I bring this out. Not coincidentally, in my Bible reading plan, I am reading from Proverbs. I had already read Proverbs 31 for the homework assignment and was thinking, "Picking just one thing is hard when I have a lot of work that has to get done in me." But as I was reading from the other Proverbs, I was getting glimpses of the Proverbs 31 woman. You'll find her all throughout the Bible, but I think that the Lord allowed me to see traces of her especially in Proverbs in these last couple of days.

I have to keep reminding myself, that she like myself, is a process, a work in progress. And the Lord's Word is a wealth of wisdom on how to get there--to be exactly the woman He created me to be.

The verse Holy Spirit guided me to was verse 16 in the Amplified Version.

She considers a [new] field before she buys or accepts it [expanding prudently and not courting neglect of her present duties by assuming other duties]; with her savings [of time and strength] she plants fruitful vines in her vineyard.

Some key words for me here are "not courting neglect of her present duties by assuming other duties," "savings [of time and strength]," and "fruitful vines."

Like I have mentioned before, I was that foolish woman who tried (with all her might) to tear down her house with her own hands. One tool was neglect, exhausting my time and strength (and his), and destroying the seed the Lord wanted to plant in our marriage.

I pray that the Lord may help me in this one. I can be a "doer" of things, start these massive projects, or get underway in my little endeavors, however, I am believing that God can use this for His glory. He will glorify Himself in my weakness(es). I want to purposefully (allow the Lord) to rebuild to have fruitful vines in my vineyard. No more wastefulness of time, strength, appropriation of energy. Building or rebuilding purposefully and deliberately.

I am also praying that this rebuilding will not be limited to our marriage. There are other people in the ancient ruins. Relationships that the Lord may want to restore. But I will wait on Him. I know that otherwise, I will labor in vain.

No comments:

Post a Comment

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14