Thursday, April 22, 2010

BF Homework: Chapter 16

Did you notice a common thread in last week's homework assignment?

Well, I noticed that each of us had something from our ancient ruins that we were preserving specifically in the area of motherhood.

Now isn't the Lord just so good that He causes Jesus' light to shine on these areas of our lives so that we don't pass the same ruins to our children??!!

And I think it's important to view this study in that light. We're taking chapter by chapter and learning from each to break free. We're not rushing it. We truly don't want any stone unturned. We want the Lord to reveal, minister, and set us free. Amen!

I spent some time last night praying about this week's assignment. Beth makes an important point that we are not looking to preserve our ancient ruins but to rebuild them. When I asked the Lord how were we going to do that, He took me to Proverbs 14:1-

A wise woman builds her house; a foolish woman tears hers down with her own hands.

When I asked Him how exactly are we going to start building, He took me to Proverbs 31:10-31. Now to be honest, I think that when I think of the "Proverbs 31" woman, she can be a little bit intimidating. She has it all together, knows a little bit about everything, excels at so much--I mean she's the epitome of what we as Christian women want to be right?

Well, I think that for that same reason, the Lord wants us to take a look at her. She didn't get to be like that over night. She was building her home. And any type of building takes time. So this is our assignment:

Read Proverbs 31:10-31. I suggest reading it in as many different versions as you can. And choose one skill/area/verse you want to focus on to rebuild the ancient ruins.

Why one? Because all we need to start with is one. The enemy wants us to get overwhelmed and think that we'll never be her. But the truth is, we are already her. All those qualities are in us. They just have to be discovered and cultivated. So instead of getting bogged down and intimidated, let's start rebuilding!

Make sure to subscribe to replies when commenting:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14