Thursday, April 1, 2010

BF Homework: Chapter 13

As I sit here typing, I am thinking back on the conversation Hubby and I had last night. He cautioned me to heed to the same words Holy Spirit has used to comfort him through me towards myself.

Yesterday, as I read the Bible, I started crying thinking, "What if that's me? What if I think I'm done and have left the Way?" I was comforted and brought back to reality through Hubby's counseling. Thank You Jesus!

And I think that lots of times the enemy wants us think we're legalistic when indeed we're passionate about our relationship with Jesus. He deceives us into thinking what he declared about Job:

9 "Does Job fear God for nothing?" Satan replied. 10 "Have you not put a hedge around him and his household and everything he has? You have blessed the work of his hands, so that his flocks and herds are spread throughout the land. 11 But stretch out your hand and strike everything he has, and he will surely curse you to your face."

Job 1:9-11


But no satan was wrong about Job and he's wrong about us. We love the Lord and are diligently and deliberately seeking to grow in Him.

I pray that what we do will never replace who He is in our lives in Jesus' name.

Did you notice that we're already at part III of the study? Time is going by quickly. This week we'll be Touring the Ancient Ruins but not alone. Holy Spirit will be there to guide us.

Our homework is straight from the book pages 87-88 beginning with the last paragraph on page 87 (I want to ask you to do more than just read...). I encourage you to write the questions and responses down on paper, especially regarding what you'll be putting in the trophy case and in the trash.

This assignment seems so appropriate for this time. As we celebrate the Resurrection of Jesus, we should be mindful of all that He did to give us abundant life here on earth and everlasting life with Him. Remember the ancient ruins is not our final destination--an eternity with Him is!

1 comment:

  1. I just skimmed throught the chapter...looks very interesting about the trophy case and the trash. Help me Holy Spirit!

    ReplyDelete

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14