Monday, March 22, 2010

Springing into Spring

Saturday marked the official start of Spring and boy was the weather nice! Since weather is unpredictable, we decided we wanted to take advantage of the warm weather and go out. In the morning during breakfast, I started making my to-do list (which usually doesn't get completely done that same day but it's a more of a goal list:). I didn't have much on my list since earlier in the week the girls had helped me clean pretty thoroughly.

During breakfast, I had mentioned to Hubby that I wanted to hear a song but couldn't remember it at the moment. Whenever I want to listen to music, you have to know that God is involved. After breakfast, Hubby went to the car to get some CDs and put one on. As I was finishing up on what I was working on with my tot in the room and Hubby in the living room and our tween in her room reading the Bible, the music played. And played. And I began to sing. And sing.

And then I went to my knees and my tot with me. And we sang unto the Lord. And I cried. And cried. And then she cried. And cried.

The Lord's presence was so sweet at that moment. I told Hubby for him and tween to stop being like Martha and get in the room. Not the best way to tell him maybe, but I really didn't want him or her to miss it:)

We prayed. And prayed.

I know that most people associate Spring with cleaning and so do I. But I think along the lines of spiritual cleaning. I want the Lord to purge me of everything and anything that keeps me from HIM. I want to be cleansed.

On Sunday, the Lord confirmed this urgency in me as our Pastor preached on seeking God first and then these things, the other things, will be added to us. I realize that even trying to cleanse myself is useless if it is not Him. I may be able to restrain, refrain, and abstain from things but I will fall again if I'm doing it in my own strength. When He cleanses and purifies and sanctifies, it is an eternal change. I don't want to interfere in His plan. Lord help me!

We ended up going out and God is so good that he arranged a divine appointment at the bowling alley. Well actually it began as we were driving out of Kmart and Syd was coming out of Old Navy. She called me and I invited her family to come bowling with us.


She didn't end up playing so the two teams consisted of:

Eagles: Me, my tween, Syd's tween
Sparrows: Hubby, my tot, BIL

Can you guess who came up with the names for the teams?????

And can you guess who won??????
Clue: Matthew 10:29b
But not a single sparrow can fall to the ground without your Father knowing it.

The Sparrows fell and the Lord knew it. It was His will that the Sparrows should fall in defeat while the Eagles should soar as victors!!!

Yeah, it got pretty competitive. We're an intense bunch:)


Final Scores:
Me 106
Tween 106
Syd's Tween 102
Hubby 110
Tot 82
BIL 85

1 comment:

  1. Our family had so much fun!

    Thanks for inviting us to go along :)

    ReplyDelete

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14