Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Easy Peasy Bread

Last week my BIL gave me a bread recipe. His was great, mine was edible:(

Poofing and kneading can be a bit much.









So on my quest to find an easier bread recipe I found this one and you can other great looking recipes here too:)

White Amish Bread

1 cup warm water
1/3 cup sugar
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons oil
3 cups of flour
1 tablespoon dry yeast (mine states instant dry yeast)



combine flour and yeast in a bowl and mix
combine ingredients 1-4 and stir
combine both mixes (I poured the liquid mix into the flour one)
stir until thick
knead for 6-8 minutes (add flour if necessary, it wasn't necessary for me)
let rise for 45 min (mine took longer) in greased bowl (I cover it with plastic wrap)
take out and work lightly to get air out
form into loaf into your baking dish and let rise again
bake at 350ยบ fro 25-30 minutes

1 comment:

  1. I am interested in making bread even though my first try at making bread rolls was to say the least unsuccessful :)

    P.S. The pancake recipe was easy and delish :)

    ReplyDelete

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14