Saturday, March 13, 2010

Bye Bye Bisquick

Nothing personal against Bisquick, but just like we got rid of the Brother Box, it is now Bisquick's turn. We won't buy it anymore. Instead, we're using these two recipes--(1)waffles and (2)pancakes.




Waffles
1 3/4 cup whole wheat flour (you can use half and half here or just white, your choice)
2 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
2 eggs
1 3/4 cup of milk
1/2 cup of melted butter/oil (half oil/half puree if you're using one-I highly recommend carrots)
1 teaspoon of vanilla



Pancake
1 1/4 cups of flour
2 tablespoons of sugar
2 teaspoons of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
1 1/4 cup of milk
1/3 cup of puree (highly recommend carrots)
2 tablespoons of melted butter
1 egg



I like the fact that you can really customize these recipes. You can double them to make a bigger batch and then freeze for throughout the week. You can also get creative with the puree you use. I have tried carrot, banana, and apple so far and the family has preferred carrots by far:) You can also add walnuts to these making them extra yummy. So try it out and you'll soon be saying bye bye bisquick too!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Now I can work on making waffles today.

    We cut out the pancake batter as well noticing that buying the flour in bulk is more cost effective :)

    ReplyDelete

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14