Thursday, March 4, 2010

BF Homework: Chapter 9

Uh oh, back to pride or have we really left it?



Throughout this study, God has really been ministering my heart on several things and sometimes at once. It would have been overwhelming years ago when I would have thought, "Ok here's the loonngg list I've to work on." But today, for God's glory, I'm at a different place in Him. Not only do I want the list (been there too) but I want to purposefully get these areas ministered by Holy Spirit. I don't think there's been a time in my walk with the Lord that I've experienced such a thing. Being so aware of His voice guiding, leading, showing, revealing, comforting, strengthening. God is so good!

I am a firm believer that we will see the glory of God, but it will depend on us and not on Him because He is always willing.

13 You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. 14 I will be found by you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back from captivity. I will gather you from all the nations and places where I have banished you," declares the LORD, "and will bring you back to the place from which I carried you into exile."

Jeremiah 29:13-14

God is not withholding freedom or any other blessing. He is however looking for persistence in us. This was made so fresh to me as I listened to James MacDonald preach on the persistence of prayer (while I was cooking four separate dishes...HA:)

So let's be persistent.

Why did I ask, "Have we ever left pride?" in the beginning of the post? Well, I have noticed that pride tends to be the root of LOTS of our issues. Whenever (or most of the time), I've asked the Lord to minister me on something, He will usually show me something in me regarding pride. It's a dangerous enemy because it can disguise itself as humility and come subtly in a compliment.

This week's homework assignment:


Read Genesis 3:1-13
What are some things that jump out at you regarding pride here.
How are you struggling with pride right now, today, at this moment?


I went back to this post and you should go back to you "notes' or post regarding you initial findings of pride's ugly head in your life.

1 comment:

  1. What a blessing the following chapters will be. As I read this chapter I meditated on having an appearence of humility but being prideful in our hearts. I am seeking the guidence of the Holy Spirit to weed out anything that does not resemble JESUS!!!

    ReplyDelete

May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14